How to choose the fastest server?
As a rule, the fastest server is the one with the closest location to you. This is true in about 99.99% of cases. You can also choose a server where the sites/services/games you plan to use are hosted.
You can check the speed of any server with the help of Whoer SpeedTest .
- Does a VPN affect the connection speed? As a rule, after a user connects to a VPN service, he or she does not notice any speed issues. However, it is better to connect to the geographically nearest server possible. It's important to remember that the farther the Whoer VPN server from you, the greater speed and ping losses.
Can you be trusted?
In the modern world, trust is somewhat a luxury. We are partners with you, and partners speak about mutual benefit rather than trust. It is of vital importance for us that you trust us, but we have no right to ask your about that, though we have not given you any opportunity to doubt that since 2007.
We are not a typical service. We do not keep any logs indeed, but only if you allow us to trust you. Our goal is mutually beneficial cooperation, and we hope that it will prove to be productive for both of us.
- Where are you located and registered? Our company is officially located and registered in Cyprus. All disputes are settled under the laws of the Cayman Islands in accordance with the User Agreement and common rules of the service.
- Do you keep logs? Our service policy is absolute anonymity of our users. We don not keep any logs at all, including any connection statistics and any traffic sent by you. We do not ask you to trust us, but we try to trust you. On the other hand, in the case of your systematic violation of our rules or making troubles for other users, after receiving several complaints we will have to enable logging on an isolated server. If you continue to deliberately and systematically violate the service rules (like sending spam), we will block your account. This is why we strongly recommend and ask you to be friends and equal partners. Only by our mutual integrity to each other shall we be able to create a perfect atmosphere of understanding and trusted relationship.
What is the difference between a VPN and a proxy?
The main difference between a proxy server and a VPN is that all the traffic sent through a proxy is not encrypted, and the proxy keeps the history of all connected clients.
It is important to note that a VPN does not prevent you from using any proxies after connecting in any way, but using alone proxy without a VPN is unwise and cannot guarantee you safety.
- Will I be able to access all the sites blocked by my ISP? By connecting to us, you will be able to access all the pages blocked by your ISP or IT administrator, as well as game servers blocked by your geographical location. Besides, you will be able to switch servers across the world which guarantees you a full and free Internet access.
- Are there any limitations on speed or traffic on your servers? If so, which are they? There are no limitations either on speed or traffic. The only limitations on our servers is the usage rules, and we strongly recommend you to obey them.
What is prohibited to do through the VPN?
We prohibit on our servers:
- Spam (including on forums, blogs, guestbooks, etc.) and any activity that may lead to blacklisting of your IP (BlockList.de, SpamHaus, SpamCop etc.).
- Hacking sites and searching for their vulnerabilities (including sql-inj and port scanning) .
- Brute forcing passwords.
- Creating phishing sites on any port.
- Fraud, smear, lies, threats, slander.
- Spreading malware (by any means).
- Violation of the laws of the country of the used server location.
Our server exists for your convenience, safety, and anonymity. We want to give you a permanent IP address in the Internet, but not a means for illegal activity against third parties.
- On what devices can I use a VPN connection? You can use your VPN connection on both stationary devices (home desktops, work desktops, laptops) and mobile platforms (smartphones, tablets). Please see more details about setting up a connection in the "Settings" section under a respective operating system
- Can I use the service on multiple devices simultaneously under one account? You can use up to three devices simultaneously under one account.
- Can I download or share files through your servers via torrents? Torrents are allowed on servers in Netherlands, Russia, and Ukraine.
Download VPN client
Windows 10, 8, 7,
10.6 Snow Leopard
or higher Download
Installing Whoer on Windows
First, download the installation file from our website to your PC. Find it on your machine and launch. The first thing you need to do is select the language. We suppose it will be English:
An installation wizard will fire up. Just click "Next":
On the next stage, you need to accept the license agreement by clicking "I Agree"
Now select the installation folder. In most cases it may be left by default. Also make sure that the selected hard drive has enough free space, these parameters are also shown here. If everything is OK, click "Install":
Copying files will start. In this process, you may be asked to install a driver. It is done automatically, all you need to do is just click "Install".
Finally, you can instantly start working by hitting "Finish." You may opt to check the box "Run Whoer" in order to launch the program immediately upon closing:
Note that Whoer needs administrator rights to work properly, so it's OK if it asks you to enter your administrator password or just confirm your rights (depending on the system settings).
After the launch, the program minimizes to the tray, so you need to activate the main window by left double-click on the icon.
On the first launch, you have to enter the access code that you have received at your email after you had paid for the service:
Check the box "Remember the code" to avoid typing this code in future. You could also check "Autoconnect" to save even more time by forcing the program to connect to the VPN service upon launch. The default country will be the first in the list.
Congratulations, the app is now up and running! Check the connection status: it should be "connected" and there should be a big red button "Disconnect" in the bottom. You can also see here the chosen server, your subscription expiration date, your active IP address, the volume of downloaded and uploaded traffic, and current speed:
To check that everything works as intended you could visit bannerbombproxy. Make sure that your IP address and location that websites register are the same as in the program:
The "Settings" tab contains several useful options. For example, you can set up automatic start at system startup not to launch the program manually each time, as well as automatic checking for updates:
You can also change DNS settings on this tab. By default, the client uses its own Whoer DNS servers to connect, it allows for better anonymity.
You can set the UDP connection here. By default, TCP is used, but UDP is faster, though it can work incorrectly on some types of Internet connection.
Another useful option is VPN connection hiding. Whoer is the only client that allows hiding the VPN usage from various types of checks. You can mask your connection as home or mobile.
If you need any help, click "Technical support" and a live web chat will be opened where you can address any issue with our support personnel.
Using Whoer VPN in LinuxOur own application for Linux is under development. At this time you can connect to Whoer VPN with the help of openvpn package.
Install necessary packages via console:
# for Ubuntu/Debian sudo apt-get install openvpn unzip # for Fedora / RedHat sudo yum install openvpn unzip
Download whoer-configs.zip archive file (you should get it to your email).
Extract files from this archive and go to whoerconfigs directory:
unzip whoerconfigs.zip -d ~/ cd ~/whoerconfigs
Run openvpn to connect to VPN server. For example:
sudo openvpn --config ./Whoer_Netherlands_nl.ovpn
5 reasons to use Whoer VPN
1.Whoer VPN has the most protected, secured communication channels all over the world.
2.Secure usage of public Wi-Fi, digital currencies, bank transfers.
3.Your ISP doesn't know the sites you visit, the sites don't know who visits them.
4.You use the Internet the way people in any other country do with access to lots of services.
5.Nobody can link your Internet activity to your actual address. Your incognito is never revealed.
Who needs a VPN and why?
VPN, a virtual private network, is known as one of the most reliable methods of protecting privacy online. There are free and paid VPN services with varying degrees of quality, but nonetheless they provide a decent level of data security and privacy.
Partly, the popularity of VPNs is driven by media that have covered many security scandals over recent years. As a result, people started to think about their security, and much information on how to get VPN appeared.
Secure VPN services
Many users nowadays know about the IP address. It is a kind of a unique identifier that allows to identify any web user down to his or her location. The trick is that each time you visit a site, even from a phone, you leave your IP address on it. Now this site knows that you were here and can even sell this information to advertisers. Such kind of data is usually called logs.
And this is why you need a solid VPN service provider to help you hide your IP and block any logging about your activity on websites and Internet as a whole. From now on, no site will be able to track you. Furthermore, your VPN will encrypt all your traffic so that nobody will be able to intercept it. Whoer VPN offers exactly this: good VPN service with powerful options.
Should you buy VPN or find a free one?
Free or very cheap VPN services do exist, but usually they provide just a semblance of protection. They may be too slow, lack encryption and servers in other countries, or some other important options. Fortunately, buying a good VPN service with a full functionality is not as expensive as you might think.
Even the top-notch, fastest VPN services have very affordable price tags, usually several dollars a month, and provide many discounts. Buying a full year usually gives the maximum discount. But this would be very useful for everyone who does business on the web, works with email heavily, or loves social networking.
A truly anonymous VPN service will thoroughly hide and clear all the traces of your online presence giving you that wonderful feeling of total security and freedom. You will never longer fear that your data may end up somewhere. Moreover, you’ll be able to visit censored sites or sites inaccessible in your country by means of traffic rerouting.